I don’t have any special charm for grumpy types. The best thing to do is to avoid grumpy people. When that isn’t possible, I distract grumpy people with things they like. From my experience, food is a good distraction.
Today, I made pork buns in preparation for any grumpy types who might cross my path.
2 ¼ teaspoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 to 1 ¼ cup warm water
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Proof yeast by adding yeast, sugar, and water (start with 1 cup). Wait for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Knead for about 10 minutes. If it’s too, add water a little at a time until you get a soggy sticky mixture.
- Let rise for 2 to 3 hours.
- Punch down. Then divide into 16 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and flatten, leaving the edges thinner than the middle.
- Fill with meat.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
Original recipe here
5 spice powder
Rice wine or white wine
1 pound of boneless pork ribs or shoulder
- Add all ingredients, except for pork, to taste. Sorry, I don’t measure! Just try to sauce before putting the pork in!
- Marinade pork for at least 1 day before cooking in oven or pan.