The only diet I believe is in cooking my own meals. As long as I’m actively involved in the process, I don’t eat mindlessly. Many people believe that they don’t have time to cook and I think it’s just a myth. Maybe I’m not picky eater because most of my meals take 15 minutes or less to prepare. It takes me much longer to drive/walk to a restaurant, order, and wait for my food to arrive.
Tonight’s dinner only took 30 minutes to make and I didn’t have to go out into the rain. That’s a win-win for me!
A bunch of arugula
Some shredded carrots, radish, and beets
A few slices of avocado
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Directions: throw everything together
Rack of Lamb
Salt and pepper to taste (for searing)
Some olive oil for the pan
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Heat olive oil on pan and sear lamb on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Take off pan and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Then slather on some mustard on both sides.
- Combine olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in bowl. Then slather the mixture on both sides of the lamb.
- Cover bones with foil.
- By this time the oven should be done preheating. Place the lamb into oven in middle rack and cook for about 15 – 17 minutes. While the lamb is cooking, I use this time to cook any other sides I want.
- Take lamb out of oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.