Today marks the first month of my blog! I wanted to take time to thank everyone who has supported me by reading, liking, and even following my blog. Over the past month, I’ve written more than I have in the last four years. I definitely would not have been able to keep the blog up if no one was reading, so THANK YOU! I appreciate you!
In your honor, I made an apple cake. I know that we can’t share this in real life, but I hope that you like the pictures.
The fruits were handpicked from my apple tree.
The batter got thick and gooey like peanut butter.
After two episodes of Portlandia, the cake was done!
Apple Bundt Cake
2 ½ cup flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, melted
1 ½ cup brown sugar
6 medium apples, chopped into small ½ inch cubes
Equipment Required: 1 large bundt pan
- Grease your bundt pan with butter or oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the brown sugar.
- In a larger bowl, mix together butter, eggs, and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet until just mixed.
- Fold apples into mixture.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes. Mine took 55 minutes, so make sure you check with a toothpick.
Click here for the original recipe.